MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MP 40 that I have put about 400 rounds through it. I have been using the 165 WWB with no problems, but some questions about accuracy. Again this is a new pistol and I am a new shooter so some of the problem is with me. On Saturday I shoot a box of 50 WWB 180 that a co-worker got for me and seemed to have alot more accuracy and consistancy. Any body have some comments or did I just have a good day.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I also found this out when I started shooting my M&P. I started off shooting 180 WWB. Then WWB started to switch to the 165, thats when my accuracy went down. But the more I practiced with the 165 WWB the accurate I got. I believe that 180 grain compansates for alot more than the 165 does when it comes to hand grip and shooter accuracy. But when I shoot my 165 grain defense ammo Im dead on point of aim. So all I can say is try different target ammo such as Blazer, American, and magtech. So keep shooting, shooting, shooting

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bullet weight and make of ammo is a matter of prefernce, both you and your firearms. Some firearms prefer heavy bullets and some prefer light. Try different ammo from different major manufatures shooting from a rest and find out which your gun prefers. Unless you are a very good shot, you probbably wont be able to tell the difference in the ammo shooting off hand.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried a box of Remington UMC 180 FMJ and I think I will stay with the WWB in the 165 or 180. My wall-mart in town carries the WWB 165 gr box of one hundered for around 16-17 dollars and I can not beat the price. The UMC ammo seemed a little more inconsistant and I did have one not fire even with a good pin strike. (First time this has happened with the MP)

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
matt7184 said:
Definitely stay away from American Ammo

+1000!!

AR15.com Ammo Review & Reference said:
I will make a blanket statement here by adding one ammo manufacturer which hasn't been rated: American Ammunition (AMERC headstamp). There have been many reports of this ammo, and the brass itself being substandard. Please avoid it at all costs. http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=210

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
MrApathy said:
dont confuse Amerc or American with Federals American Eagle product.

American Eagle line by Federal is good stuff
Exactly, two completely different things at opposite ends of the quality spectrum!

·
Registered
490 Posts
While I haven't shot the UMC value box I have shot about 5 of the WWB and 2 boxes of wolf. I didn't like the wolf. To me it seemed to cause more of the 40 snap recoil whereas the WWB I could shoot all day and hit.

I've heard the UMC ammo is really dirty so i didn't want to find out how dirty it was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts