MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fired 90 rounds on this target at 21 feet from a rest(folded sweat shirt). The WWb are the rounds off target with the umc closer in but damn,the blazers were very tight over and over. All rounds were 180gr. FMJ. I was shooting finger to first joint at first, then moved to first pad,thats when the group moved to the 10 ring. the pic is to show only how the rounds shot for me today. I still need lots of practice

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes, low and left means too much trigger finger. Pressing straight back with the finger pad is best...as you noticed
soon you'll be able to cut one nice ragged hole at 7 yds. Try searching the net and you should be able to find one of those charts which tells you what you're doing wrong based on where your shots are grouping. I haven't found much difference in accuracy between WWB, UMC, or Blazer...here's a pic of 50 rounds of aluminum cased Blazer 45acp offhand at 15 yds.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wahoo95 said:
Yes, low and left means too much trigger finger. Pressing straight back with the finger pad is best...as you noticed
soon you'll be able to cut one nice ragged hole at 7 yds. Try searching the net and you should be able to find one of those charts which tells you what you're doing wrong based on where your shots are grouping. I haven't found much difference in accuracy between WWB, UMC, or Blazer...here's a pic of 50 rounds of aluminum cased Blazer 45acp at 15 yds.

sweet shooting :wink: I have been hunting since i could walk,and have shot many a hand gun but have only been shooting handguns for seven months with the intent of one day doing it well.Thanks for the info and try to find that chart for sure

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
choochboost said:
Here's the chart:

This is definitely a shooter issue and not an ammo issue.
wow beat me to the draw
yes its a shooter issue with me for sure but the blazers are the ones in the middle.Thank you for the chart :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow, I went out yesterday with the same type of target and had a very similiar pattern with the Blazer and WWB ammo. Maybe it is the targets? :wink: Plus I fired a few JHPs from Federal and Hornady both in 180 gr. Thanks for posting the results and also for posting the "diagnostic" target.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know why, but I find that I have tighter groups with aluminum blazer than with white box. This seems to be the case with my wife's M&P9c and also with my Glock 19. There's more smoke with WWB, also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts