MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a new .40 and have been reading up on ammo. My local Wally World has Winchester white box for a decent price. I have seen mixed reviews of this ammo and am just wondering if they had a bad production run lately?

I am planning on "breaking in" my new M&P with a higher quality ammo for the first hundred rounds or so, but would like to switch to a 'cheaper' round for general plinking.

Anyone have any thoughts on WWB?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
206 Posts
My first 800 or so rounds of my M&P 40 was with WWB.. I switched to Remington UMC because my 410S HATES WWB... I have fired Federal, American Eagle (Federal made target ammo), WWB, Remington, Speer through my M&P.. So far it eats what I feed it.. And what an appetite it has.. :twisted:

Ben

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have used hundreds upon hundreds of WWB ammo, and not one problem with them. The only problem I have is its gettting harder and harder to find 180 grain .40 WWB, seems Wally World is getting mostly 165 grain. And the price is slowly rising for the .40 and .45 but the 9mm still stays cheap in price.

·
Site Staff
9,608 Posts
When I first got my MP40 the first thing I did was pick up a box of 100 WWB 165 gr at WalMart, it worked perfectly. Generally speaking WWB is very basic, but good reliable ammo.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had zero failures with the 1300 rounds of WWB 165gr that I have fired with my M&P 40. There is no need to use expensive ammo to break in the pistol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! I think I'll pick up some WWB this week. My gun should be in tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I don't know about the 40's, as i haven't shot 40 WWB in years, but I have shot 1000's of 9mm WWB in the past 2 years in USPSA Production Division without a single problem.

Y

·
Registered
378 Posts
I used WWB for years - no problems. Then early this year - I got 2 under powered in a 50 round box of WWB from Wal-Mart.

Since then, I've switched to CCI Blazer for my 9mms. Its cheaper than the WWB, and it is cleaner than WWB.

·
Registered
533 Posts
ShipWreck said:
I used WWB for years - no problems. Then early this year - I got 2 under powered in a 50 round box of WWB from Wal-Mart.

Since then, I've switched to CCI Blazer for my 9mms. Its cheaper than the WWB, and it is cleaner than WWB.

Which CCI Blazer, the Non-reloadable Aluminum Case or the new reloadable Brass Cases??

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have used, and am using wwb 9mm without any problems, with thousands of rounds. I like the Blazer Brass 9mm better but my local wally worlds quit carrying it in 9mm

To me the wwb is not as clean as the Blazer Brass.

·
Registered
378 Posts
ysued said:
[quote name='ShipWreck']I used WWB for years - no problems. Then early this year - I got 2 under powered in a 50 round box of WWB from Wal-Mart.

Which CCI Blazer, the Non-reloadable Aluminum Case or the new reloadable Brass Cases??[/quote]

CCI Blazer is the aluminum one. That is what I use.

The brass cased ammo is called "Blazer Brass" - WWB is usually cheaper than the Blazer Brass.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ShipWreck said:
[quote name='ysued'][quote name='ShipWreck']I used WWB for years - no problems. Then early this year - I got 2 under powered in a 50 round box of WWB from Wal-Mart.

Which CCI Blazer, the Non-reloadable Aluminum Case or the new reloadable Brass Cases??[/quote]

The brass cased ammo is called "Blazer Brass" - WWB is usually cheaper than the Blazer Brass.[/quote]

Where are you guys funding CCI cheaper the the WWB at Wal Mart ??

·
Registered
533 Posts
Wayne said:
[quote name='ShipWreck'][quote name='ysued'][quote name='ShipWreck']I used WWB for years - no problems. Then early this year - I got 2 under powered in a 50 round box of WWB from Wal-Mart.

The brass cased ammo is called "Blazer Brass" - WWB is usually cheaper than the Blazer Brass.[/quote]

Where are you guys funding CCI cheaper the the WWB at Wal Mart ??[/quote]

I've never seen blazer Brass at Wallymart!!

They might have the Blazer Aluminum though, but I stick with WWB!!

Y

·
Registered
533 Posts
Dude!!

What a buy!!

I must look again!!

I want me some of that!!

You can't reload for that!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
ysued said:
[Where are you guys funding CCI cheaper the the WWB at Wal Mart ??

I've never seen blazer Brass at Wallymart!!

They might have the Blazer Aluminum though, but I stick with WWB!!

Y[/quote]

I occassionally see Blazer Brass on the shelves at Wal-Mart. IF they have itm there are always just a couple of boxes there.

I buy the CCI Blazer at Academy Sports - its a sporting good chain here in the south. They have several stores in the Southern area of the country. CCI Blazer is $5.69 per box. Its gone up 2x this year. Before Jan 1, 06, it was $3.86 per box.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts