MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to store to look for XD 45 tactical (to keep me busy until M&P 45 is available) this past weekend, and instead of XD (Which is nice gun no doubt), i came home with this....

LOL

I think I'm hooked on 1911 now...

·
Registered
34 Posts
1911 choice

Mity2,

I responded a while ago when you were pondering the MP45 vs XD45 delima. I see you made another choice and a good one at that. I own a Kimber .45 1911 match target and really enjoy shooting it. Have you taken your Para to the range yet? Curious about its reliability of cycling and accuracy. Am intersted in the version with the heavy duty extractor- positive feed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tman, to be honest, it fed like a crap when I took it out the range for the first time.

No matter what ammo i used (WWB, Federal Hydrashok, Hernady, and some hand load 200gr, and 230gr both JHP), it would not feed first round on mag.

I used several different mags - Para 8rds, Para 7rds, Springfield 7rds, Kimber 8rds - does the same thing.

When you release the slide, it will get hangup. You eject that round that got hang up, then load it to mag again, it feeds fine.

if i load 7rds in to 8rds mag, does the same.

But once you get it to battery, then it cycled fine the rest of mags.

I called para, and they said that most people does not read the owners manual at all, and it stats in the manual that i have to cycle at least 250rds for the brake in. lol

But after 300rds, it was still not loafing right. And I was about to send it back, when my shooting budy told me to drop a drop of oil in to extractor itself, and I did.

And what do u know? it worked!

Ammo count is a 900rds now. Yeasterday, I shot 150+ of WWB 230gr FMJ. It faield to load x1.

Still can't beat how well my M&P cycle or how my SA 1911 GI model eats everything I fed on term of reliability. Yet. After another 500rds or so, I'm hoping to make this non-feeding isse a thing of past

1 - 3 of 3 Posts