MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a XD-9 SC, Like it alot, plan to CCW with this one, new to handguns, want a piece for home. At the range yesterday, shot the XD40, didn't have to MP rent. Didn't mind the recoil, so this is not a 9MM vs 40 topic (which suprised me because I was really concerned about that)....anyone shot both? Impressions, comments, and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

LARZ

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
xd or m&p

I own an M & P 40 and one of my friens purchased the xd subcompact 40 I enjoyed shooting the xd but i will always stick with my m&p good luck

·
Registered
53 Posts
m&p, by far..

i would stick with the m&p's over the xd's. i had the xd's, but didn't like it to much. have a few m&p's & love them!

·
Registered
81 Posts
M&P

I owned a 4 inch xd and a 5 inch tac. model. Tried them both in IDPA, went back to my glocks. Tried my M&P still using it. As a matter of fact I shot my Glock in ESP and my M&P in SSP last match. The M&P won, could be that I pratice more with the M&P now.

The XD feels really good in your hand and I never had any problems with it all. That being said in rapid fire due to the design of the slide it has alot of recoil compared to the Glock or MP. That is just my opion, however shot both for yourself and decide.

One last thing it is very important for a gun to fit your hand, however the XD feels better to me and the Glock shoots better to me. If possible shot them both before you buy.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I had 3 xd's, and sold them all for the M&P series

They were all in 40cal

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was able to shoot them side-by-side (full-size versions) when I was looking for my compact. Personally, I didn't like the feel of the trigger safety on the XD, and I thought that it had a bit more recoil than the M&P. Not a lot, but just a little. How the gun feels in your hand is the most important thing. I like the feel of the M&P better, so that's what I went with. If you can, try to find a range that you can rent one and see for yourself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, bought the M&P40 AND went through 100 rounds today! Handled very nice and was fairly accurate considering it was my first time with a 40. Managed to get a good grouping within 5" at 7yrds. :wink: Still shot the XD-9SC a little tighter at the same distance. I tried the MPc and it just did not feel right, didn't like the way my pinky fell off the to the bottom of the butt. Oh, well one out of two is not bad....officially part of the family now!

It's the law in Kennesaw!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i bought the MP40 as my first tupperware and first .40

my friend had an XD and the trigger was so nice that I got an XD40 too, when i dry fire the MP the thing seems to jerk to the side a little with the striker fall, the XD does not.

the holster that comes with the MP is better the one with the XD allows the gun to hang out a little

the loaded chamber indicator and cocked indicator on the XD are nice additions, I don't care as much for the grip safety, for the same length mag the MP holds more rounds, the XD are cheaper and available.

the MP40 seems to come from the factory with a better zero, my XD is a tad high

both feed everything I've tried just fine (except Fiocchi)

the XD came in a package-deal with a nice light for extra cost that is less than the light separetly

MP is US made. I understand its slide is stainless, it "feels" more solid.

all in all, I like the MP better.... but mostly its the way it feels.

Poole

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an XD .40 service model for about 6 months, traded it for my M&P .40, whchn is here to stay.

The XD is a good pistol, well designed and made. I had no problems, or complaints about it, recently even looked at a sub compact model for carry, but the M&P feels better in the hand, and handles better when shooting. I also opted for a M&P .40c for carry over the XD.

To me, the M&P is the better pistol of the two.

On the flip side, a co-worker had an M&P .40, traded it on an XD. The XD felt better to him than the M&P. Again, no complaints about the quality of the M&P from him, just went with what he was comfortable with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M&PFan said:
On the flip side, a co-worker had an M&P .40, traded it on an XD. The XD felt better to him than the M&P. Again, no complaints about the quality of the M&P from him, just went with what he was comfortable with.

Fords and Chevys

XD-9 SC

M&P 40 Service

It's the law in Kennesaw

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M&PFan said:

Fords and Chevys

XD-9 SC

M&P 40 Service

It's the law in Kennesaw

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ford vs. Chevy

The Chevy's seat feels better when you first set down. However, you take them both for a test drive and discover the Ford Drives and rides better.

My point is shoot them both if you can. I agree a gun should fit your hand, however the way a gun shots is by far more important. The XD feels wonderful in my hand, however it does not compare in shape or form to the MP in performance.

Also, try a Glock, you never know until you try. Some people have gone back to Glocks after tring a MP. They are in the minority for sure. I just have never seen a large following in IDPA with the XD. I have talked to a couple of guys who like my self, who tried the XD for while and went back to their orginal weapon.

All of the above is just my opinion, so please try for yourself. Lastly the XD is an excellent made pistol and I never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have these; XD40, Glock 22, and M&P40.

Much prefer the M&P to the others. Glock second and XD 3rd. BTW, I spent 400.00 on the XD via SA Cutom shop for sights and trigger work. I did them myself to the M&P and the trigger is way nicer!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts