MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these sight yet? What do you think of them?

thanks

wendelin

·
Registered
103 Posts
XS SIghts

I really like them, but I do work at XS, so take that for what it's worth. We do have some testimonials on our website, including a 2 minute video of James Yeager doing some long range shooting with a set of BIg DOt 24/7s on his Glock 19.

Joe

·
Registered
77 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
They are good for quick target acquisition at short ranges.

I've done the same type of shooting at Yeager. Except I used 3 inch clays. They are very good for long rage shooting with practice. As soon as they are available for the M&P with trituim rear I will install them on my M&Ps. I have Big Dots on my Glocks and that's what I carry. When I have them on my M&Ps I'll carry them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Unfortunately, the word from R&D is that a tritium rear is a no-go. The way the slide is cut, we can't build a rear sight that will legally allow tritium installation (the Nuclear Regulatory Commission is pretty picky on how radioactive materials are handled). The only way to build a rear sight that would allow tritium in the rear would be to build a taller front, and then we would be worried about the front sight interfering with the holster. I presonally like the sight representation with a white-line rear, but I am known for being an oddball and a contrarion around the shop. :roll:

Joe

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I called xs they said that they would have some in about 2 weeks. She said that they can not keep them on the shelvs. I plain on ordering a set. She told me $90.00 for the sight.

Has anyone tried to use a different rear sight with the big front? Like a regular notch rear sight like the warren sight. Just a though. I was thinking of trying it.

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Win,

Sometimes using our front with someone else's rear works, sometimes it doesn't. There are too many variables. Typically, the pistol needs an elevation adjustment. Since our sights tend to be a bit bigger than anything else, we only offer them in one height on the front and do all of the elevation adjustment on the rear. This prevents us from running into issues with holster interference.

Joe

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had a set of the Big Dots on a 1911 and promptly took them off after a month of using them. I now run the small dot and have better success with them. I need to get a large notch rear sight to use with them to make them run better for me.

In my opinion, it is better to try them on someone else's pistol before installing them on your gun. I know I wont use them on any other pistol I own or will purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts