MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got them installed today, and wow, I can get a sight picture so much faster with these than the standard sights.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Wow. It looks really big compared to the factory sight. Please give us a good range report using these sights.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went to the range today, put about 150 rounds through it. Getting a sight picture from a gun low and ready position was very fast, pretty accurate at around 10 yards, anything after that was not as accurate. Wasn't really expecting it to be though, I expected a faster, clearer sight picture and thats what I got, very happy with it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am looking to add the XS Big Dot to my M&P9. They look excellent on your M&P. Domino's... Mmmmmm!

·
Registered
168 Posts
As you shoot more with them, you'll start to get dialed in and you should be able to get hits at least out to 25 yards with little problem. As I've said before, these aren't everyone's cup o' tea, but they'll do if you will.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the tritium vial in the front sight does not work anymore after my shoot tonight, PMed ken from speed shooters Im hoping I can just get a refund as I do not feel comfortable running these again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
jeri534 said:
so the tritium vial in the front sight does not work anymore after my shoot tonight, PMed ken from speed shooters Im hoping I can just get a refund as I do not feel comfortable running these again.

Man, that's the first I've ever heard of that happening with XS. I'd like to know what occurred.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Occasionally we get a bad vial. Not too common, but it does happen. Jeri, give us a call at 888.744.4880 and ask for Monte. I'll get your info and get a new front out ASAP.

Joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Joe, Im sure it was but Im planning on selling the gun anyways so Ill just let the future owner decide what sights he wants on it. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm an enthusiastic XS 24/7 user - I've had them on my G36 for two years and on my P7PSP for over one. They're great for fast defensive-style shooting out to about ten yards, but I can still keep them all in the black on a B2 at 50 feet when I work at it.

I'd strongly consider adding them to my 40c, but I'm also fond of Heinie Straight-Eights - I've had them on my G23 for over ten years. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I put this setup on my 40 and like it alot .... so much better then the OEM sight. Not only can I get a faster sight picture but I actually shoot a bit better at 16yrds then I did with the OEMs.

Just wish they had the rear as a night sight as well with some nice glow in the dark tritium "hint hint" :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
jeri534,

I'm interested in a Big Dot sight for my M&P, but didn't see the M&P in their catalog. Which sights did you order? Trying to figure out which ones to order so they fit into the M&P's dovetails.

Also, did you ship your gun to them to do the install, or did you or a local smith install them?

Thx!

·
Registered
341 Posts
They don't have it listed yet, but if you call them and tell them what you want you can order them.

I actually installed them myself. Not that hard to to .... plenty of installation topics floating around the board.

Here's something from a post I ade a while back asking the same question;

Joe Long said:
I don't know when we'll get them listed on our website. The part numbers are:

SW-0019S-3 Big Dot Tritium front, white line rear

SW-0019S-4 Standard Dot Tritium front, white line rear

We currently have three rear sights in stock, so that means we have three sets. We should have more in about a week and a half. Give us a call. Anyone who answers the phone can help you.

Joe (ask for Monte-that's me)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does anybody have these on a revolver? And if so do you like them? I was thinking about picking them up for my 4" 686P so I'm wondering if they're a bit more likeable on a revolver.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a custom set, I ordered from Bowie Tactical. I really like the sight picture.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts