MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious who has XS night sights installed on their M&P. If so, please give your opinions of likes and or dislikes. And also if possible post a couple of pics. I know Mr. Bowie has one pic on this site, but I would like to see a couple of different pic profile shots (sight picture, overhead, side view, etc). Thanks.

The Guinea

·
Registered
210 Posts
I should have some installed on my MP45 by next week...will send you pics then. In the meantime you can go to the Bowie tactical sight where David has one pictured with XS Big Dots.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't think our marketing guy has had a chance to get pictures of the M&P sights yet. The next time our photographer is in here, I'll see what I can do about getting professional photos of the M&P. Until then, here are a few pictures that I took with my digital camera. Let me know if there is something in particular that you want to see, and I'll try and get it done.

Angled profile shot:

Sight Picture:

Rear Sight:

Front Sight:

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Joe

·
Registered
171 Posts
Joe Long

Are these the Big Dot or the "regular" Dot? These look like they are exactly what I am looking for.

I assume that you work for XS?

Are the sights available? How much are they?

Thank you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Readyme,

I use the Big Dot on everything except dedicated competition guns (I use a standard dot on some of those, big dot on the rest). They are available, both big dot and standard dot, and cost $90.00 plus shipping. I do work for XS Sights. Give us a call here at the shop if you want to order a set, ask for Monte.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Joe,

I'm also interested in the XS front sight, probably the smaller dot, in conjunction with a warren or 10-8 rear sight. If you could tell me the actual dimensions of the small dot(tritium) front so i can see if it'll work with those rears, i'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

Jake

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have them on every defensive handgun I have. And I have a few :wink: You really appreciate them when shooting at a moving target. In my case that's using UTM training munitions with a Glock. Amazing how crappy your shooting gets when someone is shooting back! The big dot makes you feel like your cheating.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Got mine from XS. Don't know if the existing ones for the other guns will fit the .45 Joe? I'd like to know. If you say they work I'll get a set for the .45 too. Once O get the crappy trigger fixed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Joe Long said:
Readyme,

I use the Big Dot on everything except dedicated competition guns (I use a standard dot on some of those, big dot on the rest). They are available, both big dot and standard dot, and cost $90.00 plus shipping. I do work for XS Sights. Give us a call here at the shop if you want to order a set, ask for Monte.
What is the cost for a front sight only? Shipping?

Thanks!

M&P9C

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry about the delay guys. I've been out in the reloading room working on various and assorted projects.

To start off, the Big Dot measures .190" on my calipers. That is the dot and the steel body. The standard dot measures .144" across. The standard set of sights works on the 9mm, the .40S&W and the .357 SIG, both full size and compact. We haven't had a chance to test them on the .45ACP models yet. Maybe one of these days we will get to play with one and do some experimenting with our sights on one.

I haven't tried to use the BD in conjunction with the Warren rear. I didn't like the numbers (.140" notch w/ a .190 front just didn't sound like it would work, but I did not try it). The standard dot is usable with the Warren rear. I played with that set up on my gun before I put the Big Dots on, mainly because I was curious. An instructor buddy of mine told me that he was pretty impressed with the Warren, so I bought one for the M&P. With the standard dot, my gun and load (124 grain JHP at about 1100 fps) hit about two inches low at 25 yards. We can not do anything about the elevation. We adjust our sight system by swapping rear sights.

Personally, I prefer our sights. In my (limited) experience with the Warren rear, it worked beautifully during daylight. Once the lights went out, they didn't work as good for me as our sights do. YMMV. Front sights are available as individual parts. They retail for $60.00 each (standard or big dot) for a tritium front. I should be able to come up with a non-tritium version for $30.00. Standard ground shipping is $8.00. You have to call in to the shop to order them. We have something like 2500 part numbers-too many to list on our website.

To the people who wonder how effective the big dot is, please drop by our website. We have a mpeg of James Yeager dropping pepper poppers out to 100 yds with a Glock 19 and Big Dot 24/7 sights. Last weekend, I used my M&P with a big dot set to win the Production division at a local IPSC match. It can be done.

Please feel free to ask any questions. It may take me a day or two, but I will post an answer. Thanks for the interest in our products guys.

Joe

·
Registered
763 Posts
Joe,

Thanks for the info on the size and combo possibilities of the XS dots. I hardly ever shoot out to 25 yards, so a couple inches low doesn't bother me. I really want to shoot someone's gun with the XS system to see if i like it. All i've ever shot has been square notch, square post, mostly 3 dot. After painting over the rear dots i definitely like the sight picture more.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MP40 Rear Site Tritium out of stock?

Joe -

I understand the Tritium rear site for the MP40 is out of stock at present (although the Standard and Big DOt's are in stock)- any idea as to how long before they're available?

I've got the 10-8 rear on order as wel, and was going to try the XS Std front...same issue as to POI - I only expect to be targeting at shorter distances...

Looking forward to the flexibility that the 2 systems will bring...

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Will,

Sorry about the delay. I haven't had a chance to check the site since about mid-morning yesterday. We don't make a tritium rear sight for the M&P series. Due to the height of the rear sight, there isn't enough steel for us to use our normal method of installing tritium. David Bowie sells a custom tritium rear, but that's his thing. If you want a tritium rear sight (my personal preference is to NOT use tritium in the rear-which explains why I have two customized CZ-75s), then give Bowie Tactical Concepts a call. David can fix you up.

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts