MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first went looking for a new gun, I knew I was looking for something that fit my hand, and looked nice too. I checked out the magazines and online auction sites. I looked at various brands and saw their good points, Beretta, Kimber, Springfield. Then in Early June 2006 I saw the M&P on the cover of Guns & Ammo Testfire, and the grip was unlike anything I had ever seen, the icing on the cake was the interchangable palmswells on the grip. I started looking for more to read up on the M&P, and I've probably been lurking around here since July or August, soaking up the information. Like some people here, I banged my head on the desk trying to decide between the .40 and the 9, then the compact came along, and made my decision easier since the 9 compact came out first and the compact 40 has yet to be released. Just recently the stars aligned with the funds and I picked up my 9c, took it to the range and put 171 rounds through it. Coming from small caliber rifle experience the 9c seems like a jumpy baby rabbit in the hands, but I'm hoping to tame it with more time at the range. It fits my hand, and looks at home in the 21st century. Thanks to everyone here who has made the journey so fun, and thanks to Jester for running such a great board.

·
Registered
505 Posts
welcome....i know all about beating my head against the desk trying to decide...i ended up with a fullsize 40...congrats on the 9c....i think ill be getting one of those within 2007

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi fellow Minnesotan

Great board.Are you from TC area?

Where do you shoot at?

The M&P is a great gun just got mine

and I am going to give her a test run

tomorrow.Talk at ya later

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I'm in TC area, I usually go down to the Burnsville range, its smaller than Bills and less $.

What did you get? Full size or compact?

Have fun at the range, I've got a full Sunday planned for myself, but got down

to B'ville today and ran a little over 200 rds. Now at 400 through it, still getting

to know the gun itself and seem to be shooting low most of the time and trying

to figure out if its me or the gun. Still not used to the seemingly long trigger reset,

but some of the crunchiness has gone away, so I got that going for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts