MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to let everybody know that Smith& Wesson really backs up their product. I had several problems with my early production M&P. Smith and Wesson gave me a new one too replace it. I sent the old one in Tuesday, and got a new one back today (Friday)! Now that's what I call good service, and really backing up their product and their word.

I cleaned and lubricated it and headed for the gun club. Shot 300+ rounds through it without the slightest problem. Everything functioned perfectly! I shot Speer Gold Dot, Remington Golden Saber, and reloads primed mostly with CCI primers, and some Winchester primers. Not one malfunction. (Just like it should be.) I had lost confidence in my old M&P, I shot a lot of rounds through it, but had several problems that we have all read about. The big problem was that I got the unlucky piece that had all the problems.

I already feel confident in the new piece they sent me, and really happy that I'll be able to continue using and enjoying shooting the M&P 40. I really want to thank them for their service and their integrity. I will probably run about a thousand rounds through it before this week end bites the dust.

I'll be buying more Smith & Wesson pistols. A trustworthy company.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fantastic and good for you. I am especially impressed that they traded you a new pistol for your problematic one, instead of trying to fix it and send it back. That is very ethical on S&Ws part.

Good job and best regards!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
This is great to hear. I've said it before but I've been very impressed with how S&W has been handling these issues. Very impressed indeed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yup. My "position" since I first handled an M&P is that if S&W handles the CS and supports the product well - they'll be able to claw their way back to the top. Your story eases my concerns somewhat about my intentions to purchase a .45 w/ thumb safety as soon as they are released. It's comforting to know that S&W will make it right in the event I get an early production lemon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A gun show got in the way of me firing a thousand rounds this week end. but I did get 500 through it without any problems. This is one fine pistol. Grip tool was tight at first, thats no big deal.

I got to handle a M&P compact at the gun show. All they had was the 9, I want to get a 40 soon.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the new M&P 40 for 17 days, got around 1200 rounds threw it. It runs perfect, shoots straight. Hasn't hiccuped once!
Great pistol. I prefer Remington 165 gr Golden Saber in it for carry, I have been able to shoot the Remingtons better than other factory rounds I have tried. Most of the practice is with hard cast lead 180 gr truncated cone bullets by "Two Alpha Bullet Company" www.twoalphabullets.com They are really acurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts