MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday. When I got home, I started to strip my pistol for cleaning and found yellow paint flakes. I found yellow paint on the spring. What was or is the purpose of that?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok the only thing that i can think of is to tell them apart and i am not talking about the 9 and the 40, i got both of them I have the MP9 and MP40c and the compact has the yellow and full size has a baby blue color on it.

FULL SIZE ===BLUE

COMPACT SIZE ===YELLOW

·
Registered
308 Posts
The paint is used for identification during the assembly of the pistol at the plant. Look up "Lean Manufacturing" for some notes on why this is done (think quick, visual identification).

·
Registered
191 Posts
No the paint should not hurt the gun in anyway, The only thing is that it is gets on your nevers tring to get it out of the gun until you wear it off. I had 2 HK's and they both had red springs in them and it was a mess to get it out. But the blue in my MP9 never shows and I have not got to shoot the MP40c yet to see how the yellow is going to do but I am thinking that it is going to be like the red was in my HK's get everywhere and very easy to notive. But as far as hurting the gun I would think not because it never did anything to my HK's and I do not think S&W would put in on there if it was going to do anything to the gun..........

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I agree, nothing to be worried about, just clean it up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts