MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
This does prove that ammunition caught in a fire isn't going to kill people blocks away. The casings just explode sending out short range shrapnel.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
josh said:
[quote name='101Combat Vet']

the brian power some people have really really scares me...
:roll:

Me too Jason, me too...[/quote]

Listen man I just got off of 28+ hours being up in the mountains so give it a break man..
:oops:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
nofoa said:
This does prove that ammunition caught in a fire isn't going to kill people blocks away. The casings just explode sending out short range shrapnel.

There has been several instances where gun stores burn down, and all the ammunition was relatively fine. In the book I linked in a post in the 45 bunker, it goes into detail on the requirements for a bullet to be cooked off and how it is safe.

ETA: relatively speaking... the whole explosion isn't that friendly.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Doesn't seam any smarter then throwing an spray can in a fire, but whatever floats his boat.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
The ammo in the fire issue has been tested to death, Hatcher did a lot of testing on this, and the NRA did a test a few years ago that backed up Hatcher's research on the subject, they said that a firefighter in regular turnout gear has nothing to fear from ammo in a fire, the only time it really gets dangerous is if it is confined, a loaded firearm does represent a significant risk in a fire.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Now that was simply stupid, he must be from Minnesota.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Years ago I was dirt bike riding / camping with some friends. At night we were sitting around a raging campfire drinking beer & telling lies when one of the guys thought it would be funny to throw a can of engine starting fluid, basically either in an aerosol can, into the fire.

Luckily everyone saw what the guy did and ran for cover. That thing exploded like you would not believe. The explosion actually put the fire out for a few minutes. Needless to say we beat that guy’s ass for being such an idiot.

People can be so stupid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts