MP-Pistol Forum banner

Yet one more happy 9c owner

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  calmp9 
#1 ·
I now have just over 600 rounds through my 9mm compact. I sort of bought it on a whim. The sale price was good and the rebate and 2 free mags didn't hurt. I figured I shoot it once and a while and maybe even sell the free mags. I already have a Glock 26 so had a gun to fill the compact niche. But...since my first trip to the range with the M&P it's the only 9mm I've taken on my last 3 or 4 range trips. The thing is downright surgically accurate. I've had only 1 malfunction, at around the 500 or 550 round count. A round failed to chamber fully and left the slide slightly out of battery. Pulled the trigger and nothing happened because the trigger had not reset. I ejected the chambered round and found the rim of the round was a bit chewed up. Not sure what happened but I'm not too worried about it at this point. It functioned flawlessly through the rest of the time at the range.

I almost broke down and bought a full size 9mm today. A nearby store had them for $399 + 2 mags + the rebate. Seemed too good to pass up but I didn't give in. If I didn't already have a Glock 19 (close enough in size to the M&P) I would have grabbed it up. I'm sure I'll regret not buying it, some time around tomorrow morning.

#3 ·
Similar Story

I too bought a 9c mainly because I've heard such great reports on it on this forum and others. Found a new one at a show in Texas for $399 so said what the heck and bought it. Much like Funyet, my concealed carry gun is a Glock 27; but I wanted a 9mm carry gun as well as the .40. Just got back from the range. The trigger is manageable and easily staged. The 9c was totally reliable thru 400 rounds of fact. JHP reloads, Winchester white box JHPs and Corbon 115gr JHPs. Recoil is pretty much a nonfactor and the gun is more accurate than my G27 @ 7 and 10 yards. Sure is neat to take one out of the box and be so impressed with it! Especially since the Ruger SR9 I purchased last month made it through 40 rounds before the mag catch failed.

Now I see why most on this forum are such fans.

#4 ·
funyet said:
I now have just over 600 rounds through my 9mm compact. I sort of bought it on a whim. The sale price was good and the rebate and 2 free mags didn't hurt. I figured I shoot it once and a while and maybe even sell the free mags. I already have a Glock 26 so had a gun to fill the compact niche. But...since my first trip to the range with the M&P it's the only 9mm I've taken on my last 3 or 4 range trips. The thing is downright surgically accurate. I've had only 1 malfunction, at around the 500 or 550 round count. A round failed to chamber fully and left the slide slightly out of battery. Pulled the trigger and nothing happened because the trigger had not reset. I ejected the chambered round and found the rim of the round was a bit chewed up. Not sure what happened but I'm not too worried about it at this point. It functioned flawlessly through the rest of the time at the range.

I almost broke down and bought a full size 9mm today. A nearby store had them for $399 + 2 mags + the rebate. Seemed too good to pass up but I didn't give in. If I didn't already have a Glock 19 (close enough in size to the M&P) I would have grabbed it up. I'm sure I'll regret not buying it, some time around tomorrow morning.

I am thinking of a 9c too. I have the full size that I just got but I just don't have the time to try it yet. Work has kept me pretty busy. Hopefully, I can get out to the range this week. It's cleaned and ready to go. I haven't shot for years, but I found that I still had 700 rounds of WWB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.