MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see where some of you folks like to vacation at. My wife and I have lived in the San Antonio, and Brownsville areas of Texas in the past and have spent all of our vacations at South Padre Island Texas. This year, I kinda wanna do something different and was hoping some of you might have some new ideas. So... Where do you folks go to get away from it all?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Eleuthra, Bahamas A little island that is not touristy at all filled with relaxation, great locals and a wonerful atmosphere... Check it out.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Hawaii. The only non-gun-friendly place I visit. We've been three times and are heading back again next month. We've stayed on Oahu, Kawai, and Maui in the past. This year we're going to Kona.

God bless frequent flyer miles!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
The Grand Bay - Isla Navidad near Barra de Navidad, Mexico. http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/ZLOGB/main.wnt

A beautiful resort in the middle of nowhere. There are usually not many guests so you have the place to yourself. It has a pool, private beach, tennis courts, volleyball, golf course, marina (if you have your own yacht), and three restaurants. If you're looking to party this is not the place for you, but if you're looking to relax and just chill out, this place is great. The little town of Barra de Navidad is just across the water, only a 1 minute water taxi ride away. You can hang out at the resort, or you can check out this little authentic Mexican town to go shopping or to get something to eat. The sunsets are incredible.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response guys... Keep em coming. Any suggestions for places that can be travelled to by car? I'm not opposed to countless hours behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
My favorite vacation is going to Powder Mountain Utah to go snowboarding.

You all can have the sun and beaches, I'm going where it's cold and snowing

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
m4arc said:
My favorite vacation is going to Powder Mountain Utah to go snowboarding.

I will always take winters in my home state MN love em.. Try the boundry waters in duluth MN great camping, fishing and sights are great..

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
101Combat Vet said:
[quote name='m4arc']My favorite vacation is going to Powder Mountain Utah to go snowboarding.

I will always take winters in my home state MN love em.. Try the boundry waters in duluth MN great camping, fishing and sights are great..[/quote]

You see I'd love to take vacation and go to Minnesota and go see a Gophers game! That's my kind of vacation.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
we got some great ski areas north of me with a couple by me I am south of the cities an hour away..

Mount kato is pretty good, and alfton alps is bigger and better. If you want to get a little crazy about it go around the boundry waters great areas with lots of oppurtunities for fun.. you wont be dissappointed

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I prefer to hike about 5 miles into the middle of the wilderness and enjoy nature for a week or two.

It doesn't get any more peaceful and relaxing than that.

·
Registered
660 Posts
If you ever get the chance head to Crete, Greece. Its the most beautiful place I've ever seen and if you stay a week you'll leave 15 lbs heavier. If you want to go somewhere closer try anywhere in the Carribbean. They know how to live life without any real worries. Makes me wish I had a boat and go cruising Bob Marley style.

·
Registered
31 Posts
THE PHILIPPINES !!!

Exotic places, exotic dishes, and exotic entertainment at rock bottom prices!!!

And there's an outdoor range almost everywhere... Some right at the heart of the city.

And if you dive, this place is definitely the way to go !!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Fire1 said:
If you ever get the chance head to Crete, Greece. Its the most beautiful place I've ever seen

Ditto. We've stopped there a few times on some of our inputs and it's absolutely beautiful. Flying into Crete is an absolutely breathtaking experience itsself.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Jeff 9mm M&P said:
Key West, FL

Visit Jimmy Buffett

I'll second that one. Key West is an amazing place to vist, there is the excitement on Duvall St., no shortage of incredible food, and you have to see at least one sunset at the end of Mallory Square. I would also highly recommend Danger Charters, it is a day long sail boat ride where they provide an amazing fresh fruit lunch and kayaking through the mangroves, snorkling, and a sunset cruise back all on a large catamaran. There is no shortage of things to do, and the drive across US-1 through the Keys is amazing. Not to mention Buffett.

Outside of the US, Spain, and the Mayan Riviera are really the only places I have been and would highly recommend both.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ToddG said:
Hawaii. The only non-gun-friendly place I visit. We've been three times and are heading back again next month. We've stayed on Oahu, Kawai, and Maui in the past. This year we're going to Kona.

God bless frequent flyer miles!

I live in Hawaii, and whenever i get vacation time I try to get anywhere off of this rock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GaryXD said:
Florida if you wanna carry a gun.

Or Germany if you don't. It's the only place I get to drive REALLY fast and don't get a ticket.

I kinda get tired of driving fast to be honest with you. A typical day at work can see me running lights and sirens at 120+mph multiple times (understaffed agency that covers over 700 square miles with major highway running through the middle of it
)

Anyway... All sound like good suggestions although I am kinda leaning toward someplace in the continental US. Keep em' coming folks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts