MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Newbie here. Names Jack & I live in Leesburg, VA. Originally from "Steeler Country" in Pittsburgh.

Getting around to rebuilding my gun collection. Currently have 1 shotgun, about 20 rifles. somewhere around 20 handguns & a few Class III pieces. Lost most of a P.D.G. collection when my home in Vienna, VA exploded and burned 5 years ago.

Have a S&W M&P Compact - 9MM, on order. Will pick it up on March 30. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Bought my wife her first handgun for her birthday in January. Her excitement is really contageous and it's great to have a "shooting buddy" in the house. Makes it a LOT easier to get out of the house to shoot. "Kitchen Clearance" is always obtainable. Not much on "range shooting" (probably embrassed by my scores). We have 40 acres of woods just outside of Front Royal, VA, on Passage Creek - - a great place to "loose a few rounds". Only two immediate neighbors and they're both NRA Life Members also.

I'm former U.S. Air Force, former guvmn't "Kontractor", retired Airline Captain and currently a security "Konsultant". (one time Ballroon Dancing Instructor and almost a priest).

The "Ayatollah" and I collect antique sports cars and do a little racing. Big problem with having your best buddy sharing the same pillow is everything immediately "doubles in price". (Anything I can do - she can do better - - or at least that's her story. Like I'm gonna argue?) Been married two years next week and so far she's taken up car racing, shooting, (swearing, drinking) and planniing on SCUBA Diving this summer and flying as soon as I bring my P-39 Airacobra back from Russia.

She's working (an Investigator) somebody has to pay for the guns and car parts. I'm retired - more or less - with just a few "selected" clients that I'll still work for - as long as they don't "push it".

Y'all have a really great day.

BLACKJACK-21, Out

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome from a fellow newbie! When I'm retired, I hope to be having half as much fun as it sounds like you are. Congrats on a life well lived!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lucky you 'Leesburg, Va.' what a great place , have family out there :wink:

Welcome to the site. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts